Saturday, June 13, 2009

My new router - Belkin



My 3COM router power just die off after used for 3 years, brought on 2006, make me no choice to look for a new router. This time, I'm decided to look for 3 in 1 router, ADSL + Router + wireless, instead of just router, my existing ADSL modem will keep as a backup.

After search through a few brands, the most expensive one is still 3COM brand, other brand like DLINK, Aztech price are reasonable, between RM150 - 200.

When I decided to purchase DLINK, I was introduce to a brand name call BELKIN, 54Mbps WL ADSL Modem/Router (F5D7634AK4). BELKIN is new brand to me, but after some research, it was not new, this is a US brand, this brand is already in malaysia for sometime.

AVF is the distributor of Belkin products in Malaysia.
AV Future Link Sdn. Bhd.
No 23A, Jalan 5/152,
Taman Perindustrian O.U.G,
Jalan Puchong, 58200
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hunting Line: 603-77830011
Fax: 603-77813833

Belkin router come with 4 ports and 1 antena, Standard IEEE 802.12g.
It's name "G Wireless Modem Router", Basic Home Connectivity.
G stand for GOOD. The interpretion from the box is Good signal within your house range.

One thing which make me to buy this brand, is LIFETIME WARRANTY, with 1 to 1 exchange, which only cost me @ RM229.

Belkin Tech Malaysia support: 03-7783 3010.
Toll free Line: 1 800 812 076

So far this is my comments after used for 2 weeks:-
Pros:-
- Easy to Install/Setup.
- Speed: normal.
- Signal within range of my house.
- Router Heat: reasonable. (standing type of router).
- Reasonable price with Lifetime warranty. :)

Cons:-
- 3 times lost internet connection.
So far I have rebooted (soft and hard) the rounter 3 times, because internet connection was disconnected. I suspect this could due to the broadband service provider.
- Wireless signal is within house range.
I noticed this router signal is weaker compare with my previous 3COM signal. But it does not impact if you use it within your double storey house. When I'm in upstair, the signal is 35%.

1 comment:

Fa Cai said...

You should try LINKSYS from Cisco.